Monday, September 2, 2013

Whew


Whew. Done. Application submitted. Yehaw! All week, I've been working on an application for a writers in residence program on Whidbey Island in Washington state. Oh my Lordie. The application had five essay questions, plus a ten-page writing sample. I thought it would be quick. Forty hours later, I was still obsessing over the words. I worked on one line alone for over two hours. It's crazy. I get stuck on getting a certain idea said in a certain way, and cannot quit till it seems just right, but that is often illusive. Anyhow, it was a very interesting, if intimidating, exercise. I won't find out if I got in till late December, so wish me luck. It is a long shot at best, but I like to hope.

I hope you're enjoying this Labor Day! Tomorrow, before and after pictures of my dining room painting project, and a craft. May joy be yours this minute and all day!


No comments:

Post a Comment