Wednesday, September 11, 2013

you are enough



I love this photo because it reminds me to be calm. This life can get crazy. We can't depend on much, but God says, "Be still and know that I am God." I think of that verse a lot. It helps me to breathe and to relax.

It is easy to feel pressured to do more, or be more, that we actually are. Sometimes, I catch myself striving for some unattainable standard, whereby I never complain and am helpful to many people each day. Yes, I'll admit, that's vague, which is part of the problem. It is a standard I faced early on, and then learned to judge myself by. But some things must be unlearned. As women, I think that we need to love ourselves enough to do what we can, as one day follows the next, and to call it good. Period.

Mister Rogers once said,"I don't think anyone can grow unless he's loved exactly as he is now, appreciated for what he is rather than what he will be." I love that. It is so true. It applies to how we treat ourselves, as well as how we treat others.

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw the picture it reminded me of the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem- as we cry out to God and realize that only He is perfect then we can relax in our imperfection

    ReplyDelete