Wednesday, January 23, 2013

behold the humble grapefruit


I was peeling and removing the sections from a bunch of grapefruits this afternoon when I got mesmerized with their beauty. It happens. I had to run and get Agnes to share the moment with me and capture it on film. Who knew how intriguing their insides are? If only they knew how amazing and special they truly are.


Grapefruits are like people. I have a good friend. She means the world to me. She is sensitive, kind,  thoughtful, and good with words: lovely any way you slice it. She called me yesterday because she was feeling blue. I had to administer a pep talk, stat. 


She was doubting her worth. It happens to her from tie to time. I could relate. But I never doubt her worth. I completely believe in her awesomeness. She is like one of my grapefruits. 


To the casual observer, they may look ordinary sitting on the grocery store shelf, but once you get them home and look inside, it becomes clear that they are amazing works of art. Like my friend. Like you. Like me.


Never forget that you are beautiful. It's okay. Own it. God knit you together. Who knows why, but He did. You were meant to be exactly as you are. All you have to do is live in this moment and keep on breathing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim,
    I just subscribed to your blog and am really going to enjoy it :) After reading yesterday's post, I am amazed at how much we are on the same wavelength. I don't get around much but haven't yet met someone else who would take a picture in awe of her grapefruit (I think I will have to show my husband that I am not the only one!) Life is indeed in the little things; figuratively and literally and I love love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much for finding me. Life is so much richer when shared with kindred spirits. You have brightened my day. All the best to you-

      Kim

      Delete