Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Boom, found! Plus my turkey lettuce swirl recipe


I have a new obsession. It is the turkey lettuce swirl: a recipe I came up with for a filling yet oh-so-healthy lunch. I will reveal all, but first an announcement. I have found my lens cap!!! Granted, I'd finally given up and bought a new one last Wednesday when I went to the camera store to buy Agnes her new lens. No bother, I am happy to have a spare. It was an inexpensive knock-off, which did not say Nikon on it, as my sweet, recently-found original does. I like that label.

I have pieced together the story of Nikon lens cap's disappearance. Here's what happened. But first, as back story, you need to know that a cardinal principal of my over-the-last-six-months de-cluttering/home organization effort is rule number uno: like items together. I have corralled all the like items in our household and placed them alongside their brethren. That means all the extension cords previously hiding in various nooks and crannies are now in one box. (Who knew we owned twelve extension cords?) That means that all seven of my earphone sets are now in a box right beside our yoga mats so that I can find them when I need them, as yoga means thirty minutes on the elliptical beforehand, which necessitates earphones to watch the news on the hanging TVs. In the past, I've often scrambled to locate earphones with QG waiting in the car to leave for yoga. Not anymore. Also, all the candles have been rounded up into one box: the candle box.

So, apparently, the day lens cap went missing, I'd dragged out the candle box to replace burnt-out candles with new ones, then had tucked the candle box back into  my closet. Today, I again went to replace a candle. I opened the candle box, and there was lens cap. I guess I'd mindlessly put the lid on last time without looking.  Hallelujah! What was lost has now been found.

Now on to the recipe. I am obsessed, obsessed, I tell ya, with these wraps. The good thing about them is they are healthy and when eaten for lunch, they fill you up till dinnertime, whereas some healthy lunches leave you scrounging for a snack an hour later. Here's how to make one serving. If making more, increase accordingly:



Gleanfreak Turkey Lettuce Swirl

Gather 1 large Boston Bibb Lettuce leaf
1  to 1 1/2 slice white American cheese
2 slices turkey luncheon meat (I prefer Boar's Head)
Hellman's Low-Fat Mayonnaise
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 carrot, grated
Small hand full of raisins
1 teaspoon grated raw sweet onion
1-2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar


Layer in the order listed. Roll up like a taco. Put on a plate to catch the drippings. Find a comfortable chair. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment