Tuesday, March 26, 2013

finding blip


Sometimes in life, I forget to play. I worry if my pictures are good enough, my words are good enough, I am good enough. I don't want to disappoint anyone or make a silly mistake.


I guess inside, I'm still that little girl trying to earn love and to think my way past every dilemma when all I really need to do is relax, open my hands and let go. To rest in the arms of the powerful God who made me just as I am. Surely He had His reasons. Surely I am meant to float inside this delicious mystery called life chasing the colors, bugs, flowers, and endless questions that draw me. I'm learning that to find my way, it's often best to close my eyes and go by heart.



Like with photography. I've been too busy trying to up my skills, trying to be perfect, I guess. Darn that over-thinking. But tonight I gave up and had fun looking at all the photos I've taken lately and working on them by whim. Whim is a good rule of thumb, I've decided. After all, the whole point is finding joy: fearlessly hunting for that inexpressible something that makes your heart go blip when you see it. Blip in the technical sense, which is highly individual and best detected by feeling, not thinking. 


Blip is the new bliss. I highly recommend you go find yours. I'm a person who could never relax my vision enough to see the hidden image in any Magic Eye picture. If I can learn to chill & trust my intuition, anyone can.


6 comments:

  1. These photos are so lovely! I especially enjoy the red tulips with the light filtering through the petals. Have a good day, my blissful friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was great hanging with you today. Did you get the skirt?

      Delete
  2. I love the ladybug! mm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kim, thank you :) ...blip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lore. How are you? I'll be up there in June for graduation. Don't know how busy it will be, but if I have time to meet for coffee, I'll call you to see if you're around.

      Delete