Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Paris day 3





Apparently, my tourist skills are still developing. I walked down to the Musee du Louvre yesterday and finally managed to find the entrance to the monstrosity only to discover that it is closed on Tuesdays. Small detail I forgot to check. After a convoluted jaunt back to the apartment. (I don't have a map which lists all of the streets and made a wrong turn somewhere, but eventually came out on a major street, though I never found the library, which I was attempting to visit.) By then it was lunch time. 



After a quick salad, Iris and I went to the Orsay museum. Can we say amazing? It is my favorite museum ever. Toulouse Lautrec, Van Gogh, Renoir, you name it. The coolest part was the actual building. It was an old train station converted into a museum. It is the number one thing I've been to so far. Then we went to the Luxembourg museum to see a big Chagall exhibit, which was fascinating. 



After that, we met a young couple from Australia, friends of Iris, for an over-priced tiny dinner. I had pea soup, a dollop of lamb shoulder, and a teaspoon full of potatoes inside of a red pepper. The dessert was great, though: flaky pastry sheets layered with cream. Overall, a $68.00 interesting snack. I can officially cross exorbitant French gourmet meal off of my list now. Everyone has to try it once, right?



I gave my camera, Agnes the day off yesterday, so these pics are from the day before. The one above shows how precisely and artistically all of the stores are arranged. Most stores are tiny, but soooo cute inside. Now the old girl (Agnes) and I are headed off to Notre Dame. Wish us luck that it will be open.



No comments:

Post a Comment