Sunday, March 10, 2013

Paris old stuff, new friends, & good food day 7



Today was great. Iris took off from her writing  and we headed to a flea market at Porte de Vanves. Normally I don't like flea markets, but Iris had to drag me. Just kidding. It was my idea.
We saw loads of interesting stuff. Here is some of it.

We met a nice couple, Jill and Martin, who are spending six weeks in Paris. Smart folks. Martin and Iris coached me on bargaining down my new friend, Bernard, on this cool wooden artwork piece that he'd made. Here is Bernard at right with the piece. It uses vintage printers blocks from posters. I love it, and will treasure it always. Here are Jill and Martin with Iris.
We had a delish chicken and potato lunch.
Here was our waiter. He was so nice I had to get a photo.
 After lunch came this beautiful thing.
 Then we hit a craft fair.

This guy makes these amazing sculptures from found objects.
Lastly, we stopped here. Perfect end to a wonderful day. Tomorrow, home again, home again, home again, jiggety jig. Can't wait to see my quiet guy.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like like you had a fabulous time in Paris- that is great

    ReplyDelete