Saturday, October 20, 2012

chill day

My husband, Quiet Guy, and I have a tradition. Saturday is our special day to hang out. We call it Super Fun Day. Hey, life is busy. Everyone should set aside time to chill and refuel. We go to the gym (how romantic), then usually out to lunch and a movie or adventure. 

So peeps, today's movie was stellar. If you have not seen Argo yet, then run to your nearest theater to see it. Run I tell you. It was the true story behind what happened to the six Americans trapped in the Canadian Embassy in Iran in 1980 after the Shah fell. 

Also, today was high holy day in the thrifting community: half price day at Goodwill, which is right by the gym so we stopped on the way. I limited my speed-browsing to 30 minutes due to QG's waiting, or should I say hovering, near the exit. We have a mixed marriage. QG is not into Goodwill. I snagged two amazing bargains. QG said the place had nothing but junk, but here's the thing, you have to dig to find the gems. I should remind him that I have a good eye and that he was my best bargain ever. 

We also hit a local blue grass festival where we enjoyed some sweet tunes and saw a lot of Wrangler jeans and cowboy boots. Love it. This leads me to what I'm thankful for today.

1. Bargain number one. Over the shoulder Coach bag in like-new condition. Black leather. Ten bucks. (Yes, that's the half-price price.)
2. Bargain number two. Adorbs J Jill sweater. Two bucks.
3. The Farmers Branch Bluegrass Festival. Whoot, whoot.
 3. Nightlights. Cozy. These were for sale at the festival.
 4. Jamie. Dog or angel? I can't tell.
5. Roses. So lovely. This one grows next door.


2 comments:

  1. Kim, Jamie is definitely an angel- by the way I snagged a brand new pair of sketchers shoes with the rocker bottoms for 20$ at the yard sale at my hospital- they are usually over 70$ - yahoo- i love bargains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely done. We need to get our own reality show: Thrifter Sisters.

      Delete