Saturday, October 6, 2012

thankfulness day


Today my attitude is gratitude.

I am thankful that both of my sisters and my brother-in-law are coming to my house to stay for a week! This has only occurred once and that was eight years ago. Usually we get together in Pennsylvania or Florida, where they each live. That's what happens when you're the youngest: those darn older sisters boss you around. But now, I have made them come here. Heh heh heh. I have tons of adventures, games, delicious meals, and thrifting planned. I may let them get a little sleep, but not much.

I am thankful for peppermint ice cream. Yesterday was the day I look forward to all year: the day peppermint ice cream arrived in the grocery stores. It is my favorite. It is seasonal. I have already started stockpiling.

I am thankful that my next Dallas Morning News column is coming out this Wednesday. It will be in The Briefing, which is a shortened version of the newspaper. Anyone in the area can subscribe to it for free! If you have not subscribed yet, you can go to http://www.dallasnews.com/ and sign up today. If you sign up, you get free access to the full newspaper online, which you'd otherwise have to pay for.

I am thankful to be healthy.

What are you most thankful for?


3 comments:

  1. Oh peppermint ice cream! It is about time. I am thankful I get to go home and spend Christmas with my awesome mother, father, sister and dog :) I can't wait to be home! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either. Congrats on your race today! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that I came to Dallas for our wonderful visit- i had some things pending and was originally apprehensive to make the trip for fear the time would be off- but it turned out that the timing was perfect and our sister reunion was meant to be. I am thankful to have family and friends in my life who love me and I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete