Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yee Haw!

After a thirteen year hiatus, the prodigal (me) has returned to the State Fair of Texas. My sisters dragged me there. It was fun, y'all! 
We took the DART rail - so easy, and took in the dog show,

bird show,
craft displays,
music,

and food.

Why oh why have I stayed away so long. Think of all the corney dogs and fried oreos I missed out on over the years. I tried to make up for all of it today. Perhaps tomorrow my jeans won't fit. Whatev. When you live in Texas, you have certain obligations. Like to beer and fried foods. One cannot be noble in the face of such serious
responsibilities. One must hitch up one's britches and dig in deep. Yee Haw!

2 comments:

  1. Yes the fair was a lot of fun- Fletchers corn dogs are the bomb ya all- actually all the food was great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Did you hear that Big Tex burned down yesterday? Good thing you got to see him when you did. RIP, Big Tex.

      Delete