Thursday, July 19, 2012

girl meets art

Lately, I've been trying to figure out what art is. This year, I've been awakened to art like never before. I'm learning about music theory, which elucidates art. Nature is probably the most artsy thing of all. Words are art. Fragrance is olfactory art. Even actions can be art. Anyone who wants to can practice art. I want to pour art all over me, and to swim in it. But what, precisely, is art and who decides? I puzzle over this again and again, but cannot find a big enough answer. Here's what I know so far:
Art is a layer between the seen and the unseen.
Art separates us from the animals.
Art is evidence of emotion.
Art is a verb.
Art is personal.
Art is living in the now.
Art must be preceded by reverence.
Art is a way of speaking to the world.
Art has no boundaries.


Are any of these untrue? If you know anything more, tell me. Especially if you understand the whole of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment