Sunday, July 15, 2012

man proposes...

I promised a post about my neighbor and his interesting hobby, but our interview/photo session was preempted by his house getting struck by lightening this afternoon. Ugh. Poor things. The strike scared his wife half to death, and knocked out their A/C, phone, and I don't know what else.
I hope the lightening is not a sign, as this was to be the first of several planned interview/feature type things for the blog. The good news is no person or dog (they have three) was injured during the strike. We have rescheduled for next Sunday. Let us hope all can be repaired with minimal hassle to those nice folks & let's keep our fingers crossed for next week. If another natural disaster occurs, I may have to rethink my life plan.
This event reminds me of a wise saying my grandmother, Memmem, used to recite: "Man proposes, God disposes". If you use that little number, you must say it like she did, slowly, voice one octave lower than usual, with a three syllable m-aaahhhh-nnn, and with your right index finger jutting ominously into the air precisely at the word God. Exactly like that. Memmem was a bit dramatic.

I was in Target the other day, and overheard this woman, who was rushing about pushing a toddler in the cart, with a 'tweener in tow, on her cell phone  proclaim after a loud cackle, "It was a calamity of errors." Hah. Good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment