Sunday, July 1, 2012

Portland and granola, of course.

People, people, people...I have so much to tell you. Portland was super-fantastically fun. I have some good pics, but first, the granola recipe I promised. It is one I came up with based on others I've read, plus a little sumptin sumptin on the side.
Here's how to make Gleanfreak Granola, a pretty darn healthy and oh-so-tasty granola which is good plain or with milk, but is especially delish sprinkled over yogurt for breakfast. Get a giant bowl and two huge parchment-paper-lined baking sheets. Into the bowl, put 10 cups rolled oats, 2 cups wheat bran, 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, 1 cup well-chopped walnuts, 1 cup well-chopped almonds,  and 1 cup well-chopped pecans. Stir it. Now, get a sauce pan and put 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, 2/3 cups organic coconot oil, 1Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger into it. Bring this comglomeration to a boil over medium heat. Pour it over the dry ingredients. Add 2 cups dried cranberries and 1 cup raisins.
 Mix it up well using your hands to break apart all of the dried fruit. Spread the mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheets.
 Bake for about 20-22 minutes on 325 degrees stirring once halfway through. Store in airtight jars or heavy ziplock bags. Makes a nice gift.

Miss Adorable, in the flesh.
Now, about that Portland. Is there anything better than chillin' like a villan with your grown-up child? The correct answer is, no there is not. Kelly and I had a super-fun time. Also, I got to catch up with my grandcat: Scout.
 Here are some of the highlights. Portland buildings: old, quaint and entertaining in their own right.





Portland people and animals. Generally, a breed apart.





 Berry picking & farmer's market.





















 
Too...many...pictures. Too tired from red-eye flight. Portland part deux tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. I want to move to Portland. NOW! Lovely pics and it looks like the two of you had a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I know what you mean - I wouldn't mind living in Portland myself. I know it has lots of rainy days, but those would all be good reading at home drinking coffee days & what's not to love about that? Take care, girlie.

    ReplyDelete