Friday, July 27, 2012

what Fred said


I love Mister Rogers. I know he is dead, but he still means a great deal to me because of all I have learned from his words. Most mornings, I read a page from The World According to Mister Rogers. Today's page said this:

How great it is when we come to know that times of dissapointment can be followed by times of fulfillment; that sorrow can be followed by joy; that guilt over falling short of our ideals can be replaced by pride in doing all that we can; and that anger can be channeled into creative achievements . . . and into dreams that we can make come true.

Mister Rogers, if you are looking down from heaven, thank you. I have two friends dealing with depression, another who just lost her husband of thirty years to sudden heart attack, and two others who just had cancer surgery. Life is tough. Sometimes all you can do is wait for things to get better. And pray. When I have troubles and can't sleep, I like to picture myself laying in the center of God's humongous cushiony strong hand. I picture God's eyes on me, like the gentle morning sunshine. That helps. And friends help. I want to take away my friends' pain, but sometimes all you can do is bring chili and wait together for the morning light.

No comments:

Post a Comment