Wednesday, July 25, 2012

the good news and the bad news

The good news is that QG and I will have been married thirty years in December, and are heading to Hawaii to celebrate. This promises to be more scenic than our honeymoon: a four day stint at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. With December not exactly being their peak and us being poor, it was the perfect match. But, that was then. Yay, Hawaii now!
The bad news is that this calls for a new swimsuit. I've been waiting for the big sale. Today was the day. Oy. Let's just say I need to do more crunches. Lots more crunches. Really, is there anyone over thirty that actually enjoys swimsuit shopping? And, oh my Lord, the lights. I think they'd sell a heck of a lot more suits if they dimmed the blasted things down to a rosy glow. Right? Am I right, people?
Perhaps we should just look at some pretty pictures now. Yesterday morning, my camera Anges and I headed out at seven to capture our town. Two hours and 427 photos later, we returned home happy. Our town is a good one. We even found bugs.







3 comments:

  1. You are so right. Try Garnet Hill online - www.garnethill.com for swim suits. I order and try on in the privacey of my own home. Found a lap suit torguoise with brown and white fans - fit perfectly and it was only $49.
    Enjoy your 30th anniversary honeymoon. Hawaii is beautiful. Ask Toby for suggestions in Honolulu. She lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrolton is a funky eclectic town and you caught it at its funkiest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Syd. I appreciate the swimsuit tip, and will check out Garnet hill, though I can't imagine you having any trouble finding a flattering suit, as you would look good wearing a plastic shopping bag.

    ReplyDelete